Tuesday, November 16, 2010

James Wilford Wardle Jr.

I have written a history of my father's WWII experiences from his letters (about 200 of them).scanning them  Some of the letters are very interesting and I will be scanning them.  Also if anyone would want to read it I could find some time to make copies, but would probably need the cost of copying which would probably be $30 with color illustrations and $25 without.  email if you would want a cop, or mail check to address below.

I wanted to share a letter I wrote to the church which shares this experience of writing my dad's history


Billy Wardle (James William Wardle)
                                                                             10425 Calvert Drive
                                                                             Cupertino, CA 95014
                                                                             Stevens Creek Ward, Saratoga Stake



First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints



Regarding: James Wilford Wardle Jr. DOB July 28, 1925



Dear Sirs:
            I am writing to petition for the reinstatement of my father’s baptism and temple ordinances.  He was excommunicated from the church and was in this status at the time of his death three years ago. 
            After my father’s death I have been writing a history of his days in the Navy (1943-1946) from letters he had written home which have come into my possession.  In reviewing these letter I am see how important the church was to him at this time in his life.  He often wrote of seeking out the church, or missing church, if there was not one available.  He went from there to leading a rural life in Eastern Washington where he served as part of the bishopric of the Othello, Washington Ward, Moses Lake Stake.   
            He left farming and returned to school and pursued a career in Library Science.  He worked at Southern Illinois, Utah State and BYU. He served as Scoutmaster and as High Priest Group secretary.
            However a different spirit seemed to possess him later in life.  He was excommunicated shortly before my youngest brother went on a mission to Japan.  This would have been 1980.  A spirit of negativity towards the church was manifested in the things he did and said after this time.  He began residing in Salt Lake City while I was on my mission in 1978 and he divorced from my mother in 1983.  His attitude towards the church made it difficult for us to visit him at times.
            I am petitioning for the reinstatement of his temple blessings, as I have some hope that the spirit he manifested early in his life may be touched in the Spirit World.  I realize that this is not the spirit with which he left this world.  However if there is any hope that he might accept the gospel again, I would like for his reinstatement to be completed and his ordinances to be in place.


Sincerely,



Billy Wardle

No comments:

Post a Comment