Labels

Anne Sorenson Wardle (4) Annie Sorensen Wardle (3) Ashtons (8) Betsy Ashton (3) book review (31) church history library (6) coal mining (5) Ephraim Hanks (1) Francis Webster (5) Franklin Richards (1) genealogy (36) Grandma Wright (3) Grandpa Wright (3) Handcart Pictures (2) handcart pioneers (22) handcart rescue (9) handcart songs (1) Hannah Wardle Udy (1) Ileen Wright Wardle (18) illustrations (1) Isaac Wardle (103) Isaac's children (3) Isaac's history (34) Isaac's mission (28) Isaac's parents (1) Isaac's siblings (2) James Wardle (9) James Wilford Wardle Jr. (9) james Wilford Wardle Sr. (13) John Jaques (2) Langley Bailey (5) Last Crossing (2) letters (32) Marion Thompson (1) Mark Wardle (2) Martin Handcart Company (49) Martin's Cove (6) Mary Ashton (4) Melissa Ann Shaw Wardle (10) Mormon Church in England (4) Mormon emigration (7) Mormon handcarts (12) Mormon History (4) Mormon Musicals (2) Mormon pioneers (9) Mormon songs (1) Mormon Trail (4) movie review (5) my music (2) my poetry (2) Norval Wardle (1) Orrin Wardle (1) other blogs (1) Patriarchal Blessing (4) Patti Call (2) Perpetual Emigration Fund (2) Peter McBride (1) photo identification (2) picture identification (4) pictures (10) poetry (6) questions (2) Robert McBride (1) Sara Buff (5) Sarah Ashton baby (1) sea voyage (1) second rescue (1) Ship Horizon (5) Sweetwater (1) Sweetwater rescue (3) Teton Basin (2) Teton Pass (3) the stump (1) Thomas Morton (5) Uncle Bob Springall (1) Wallace Stegner (2) wardle (1) Western migration (1) William Ashton (7) William Haston Wardle (11) William Wardle (1) Your Heart Will burn (18)

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Isaac Missionary Letter: Undated, Ideas on Polygamy



By looking at the letters, you can see why this was hard to transcribe:
& I Was glad to hear that our Worthey Bishop William A Bills and thomas Jinkins Was getting Redy to Bee a padner of Bro gorge Ranalds and stang[d] up for god and is kindom on the Earth by taking more Wives[.]  I hope that some of the Breathen Will faler sute[.]  if you have not got Eney more yong Ladaz to soply the Damand[.]  send me som money Breathen and I will send all you Want[;] thay is a grat many girls heare[.]  I hop that all the good Will Bee marid before I Come home[.]  to som good men that you Will Not have envy Look a Roud for me[.]  When I Came over 16 years old I Like to hear of them been Mothers When thay can[.]  [page 2]  I must tell you how i ham[.]  Engoing [enjoying] myself in i feel that god blessing is With me[.]  my Health was never beter than it is at this time[.]  i hope that this may be lot and Blasing [blessing] for it gratest gift of god[.]  to is months With is Spirit to Direct your Corce [course]: i was glad hear that the sheep had dun so Well[.]  send me Word as soon as you can all robekters [with respect to?] the lams and house [how] The crop is Looking[.] Excuae [Excuse] all mistake and Bad  spaking so more at Mistion [mission]  your husband and father Isaac J Wardle   kis each other for me[.]  children be kind to 1 another[.]  god bless you all[,] goodby for the present[.]

No comments:

Post a Comment