Labels

Anne Sorenson Wardle (4) Annie Sorensen Wardle (3) Ashtons (8) Betsy Ashton (3) book review (31) church history library (6) coal mining (5) Ephraim Hanks (1) Francis Webster (5) Franklin Richards (1) genealogy (36) Grandma Wright (3) Grandpa Wright (3) Handcart Pictures (2) handcart pioneers (22) handcart rescue (9) handcart songs (1) Hannah Wardle Udy (1) Ileen Wright Wardle (18) illustrations (1) Isaac Wardle (103) Isaac's children (3) Isaac's history (34) Isaac's mission (28) Isaac's parents (1) Isaac's siblings (2) James Wardle (9) James Wilford Wardle Jr. (9) james Wilford Wardle Sr. (13) John Jaques (2) Langley Bailey (5) Last Crossing (2) letters (32) Marion Thompson (1) Mark Wardle (2) Martin Handcart Company (49) Martin's Cove (6) Mary Ashton (4) Melissa Ann Shaw Wardle (10) Mormon Church in England (4) Mormon emigration (7) Mormon handcarts (12) Mormon History (4) Mormon Musicals (2) Mormon pioneers (9) Mormon songs (1) Mormon Trail (4) movie review (5) my music (2) my poetry (2) Norval Wardle (1) Orrin Wardle (1) other blogs (1) Patriarchal Blessing (4) Patti Call (2) Perpetual Emigration Fund (2) Peter McBride (1) photo identification (2) picture identification (4) pictures (10) poetry (6) questions (2) Robert McBride (1) Sara Buff (5) Sarah Ashton baby (1) sea voyage (1) second rescue (1) Ship Horizon (5) Sweetwater (1) Sweetwater rescue (3) Teton Basin (2) Teton Pass (3) the stump (1) Thomas Morton (5) Uncle Bob Springall (1) Wallace Stegner (2) wardle (1) Western migration (1) William Ashton (7) William Haston Wardle (11) William Wardle (1) Your Heart Will burn (18)

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Isaac Mission Letter Home August 7, 1879





In this letter Isaac gives some detail of his illness.
Digmoore Ag 7 1879 Loneshire ED
To my Dere Wives and Children good morning to you one and all[.]  i hope that you are all Well at this time[.]  i hom very glad to tell you that my halth is much beter than i have been for some time thank god[.]  i have been in the hands of very find frends[.]  i make mantin of Bro and sister Marsh and Wilksen at Wigan all[.]  John tinsely and glover Newtoune and sis Ruebetem up holen and Bro and sister Derby shirs at Digmore and many others as far as thay Can make one Cumfeble Wich i feel thankful to hall mity god that he as been so minful of me as to Rase up frends to minester to me in time of need and i hope and pray that god Will bles them for Evry thank that thay have Dun to Comfert me [pg 2] in my aflicton thrue Wich i have past so far[.]  i have ben Releas from been [being] presedt of the Wigan Districk on the a Count of my halth and appointed to prisede [preside] over the Chester Districk to Wich place i have been once[.]  present Budas and bunting told me to travel Eney Whare i thout proper for 1 or 2 Wheaks but thay Wood Like me to bee in Liverpool at Confrence on the 17.  This Climit [climate] is very injures to meney of the Elders[.]  it as Raned [rained] all this Wheak[.]  We had 4 or 5 Day Dry Wather the Last 2 Wheaks.  4 Days before that Whe only had some 4 or 5 Days that Whe sawe the sune[.]  it Ranes most all the time[.]  i Do not see how the Erth Drink all the Water that Comes frome abote[.]  it looks Like the judgments of god as come in this Land[.]  I hope that [pg 3]the Lord Will gather out is sants before the grate Deluge shall Come on the Wicked for i can see tham Coming very fast[.]  i mean them that i spoken of in the 18 Chapter of Ravelation[.]  it Wood be good for our yong men to Reed that Chaper and to inform them selves with pidetions [predictions] of the servants of god.  i have injoyed my salf very much in my Labers travling and preaching to the sants and i tell you i Never felt haper [happier] in my Life than I Du in speeking to thos house [who] no [know] not the gospel of god.  in the open house our out Done meetings as been very Well attended[.]  We have a Litle opesition but that nothing[.]  it honly halpe to make us to prepare our selves for the Work of god and to put our trust in him and We feel [pg 4] that he as Ever been With us for When the Larned Minersters Come to oppose us We Come of [off] vistores [victorious] and We have had frands in Every place to We have been opposed for god as given us his sprit[.]  so far I recved my son John Later Dated July 6:  i was glad that he felt to due all that he had to make me and my famaley comfoble[.]  i was sorey to Larne the lose of sheep but i thout Like gave the Lord giveth and the taketh a Way[;] blessed bee the Name of the Lord: i Will Do my Duty to the Best of my ability if god Will be so kind to give me his sprit to gide me thue this Life so that i may Receve Eterneal Life in the World to Come[.]  Wives and Children Be fathful to Eath [each] other and to your god and i knows We shall meet [pg 5] again[.]  Do not Du Enething to heart [hurt] one another feelings.  Comfert another all you can[.]  i feel in my hart to Bles you all and ask god to bles you and i hope that you Will [be] preserved from all the snares that beset mortles heare on Erth[.]  i Wood be glad to see you all but Wate till the Right time shall Come[.]  I shall right [write] you before Long to informed you how my halth is[.]  i have not wrote much to you Latley on accunt of me halth[.]  i hope that you and all of my breathen Will forgive me for it[.]  tell all the nebers [neighbors] i have not forgo them[.]  i Wood be glad to hear from them Eney time[.] [pg 6]  i Expct to Right to maney of them When i Can set at a table[.]  the resene [reason] is that i Can not[.]  i have got bad pane [pain] in my Brest and kidneys[.]  i Can Walk Beter than set daune to Right[.]  bee of good Chear [cheer] [.]  all Will be Right With me[.]  i got a Later from J A dover? The other Day[.]  tell him i feel thankfull it[.]  i Will Right him as soon as i Can[.]  i must Conclude With my Love and Efecten to you all[.]  take Care of the Baby[.]  send me Word how he is[.]  good by[.]  god bless you all is the prare of your husben and father Isaac J Wardle[.]  Bee good Children[.] all right a farther [father] a little peace in a Later if no more make a X

No comments:

Post a Comment