Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Isaac's Missionary Letters 1879

 Three more transcribed letter


IJW letter, from those that were stitched, not including prior pages, no date but talks of being on ship

The see-man say that when thay is anay of the Elder on Bord that thay have no fears but all Will be Right[.]  thay say that [not] one Ever Was lost When our people Was With them[.]  hoping that these fue lines Will find you all Well as it [is with] Me[.]  thank god I have No feares as to hour safety  But I have as to you and the Children[.]  Martha Sophai gots Bee of good chear[.]  All is well with those that put thine trust in god[.]  No more at present from your husband and father in good spirits[,]  Isaac J Wardle

IJW to family Jan 29, 1879
Jan 29, 1879 New York Bay
[pg one]  My Dane famley[,]  I have been on bord 24 houres only[.]  travel 10 miles the Whaten [White] out[.] Been Deep a nuph to go to see But expect to starte in 3 houres[.]  the site I now behold is something that wood make you gase With Wonder[.] 
The ship Rodes to Much to right Much but thinking one Word Mite bee of some comfort to you[.]  I ahsll do the Best[.]  My helth is been good[;] Ever since I lefe home[.]  keep your selves in god Cheer Concern me[.]  God is with us[.]
[pg two]  give my love to all[.]  kis the children for me[.]  I shall right wen at New York[.] I J Wardle




Ijw to family from New York

Jan 27 1879 New York
My Dear Martha & Sophia, John & Crelez [Crilla Marie] Mentay  [Araminta] & William Joseph &Charles Hannah and my Dear little sillas, i set down to Right to let you all Know how I am at present[.]  i am Well at this time[.]  thank god for this Blesing, hoping that you are all tha same[.]  i am Now far a Way from you but I Can see you all the same].]  I lass see you all the same it is 2870 Miles that We are anpart but I hope hear long it Will Be ganed younited and that We shall Be preserved fromall Danger thill Whe have finishened our Mishin and I have the privlig to Returne [pagetwo] Home to you all again[.]  i have pray god to Bles you all and preserve you that sicknes Nor Deth may Not Make in Rude among you and I hope that I hav got your Best Wahis [wishes] [.]  We trakted Night and Day till REacht this City Not having time to Right to you[.]  i sent 2 scraps to let you [k]Now that i was all right[.]  We came on Express all the Way stopng 10 minits at Ogden 30 at Omaha 40 Chicago 20 at pit burg 15 at pilhadapy arrived at new york shunday at 7 clock[.]  Meating Was a painted at 10 oc Wich We attended and myself and B[rother] south  [page three] Spoke to the people Wich glad to see us and hear form us and that all is Well in zion[.]  We have been this morning and got our Berth No 69 Wich We go to on the 28 at 8 oclock[.]  start for at 9 oclock if all is Welle[.]  the sants are very kind to us[;] du all thay can for us; invite us to eate With them[.]  But  have not got plases for us to sleep[.]  We stay at hotel at Night Wich cost $2 for Bead[.]  I have just got Word of Brother H. Banean sade Rivel at Liverpool England[.]  hoping 11 dayes to be their[.]  i now shall say to be thankfull that you are in the valey of the Mountanes[.]  the Wickness that We see is sickning to Eyes[;]  [page four]  prostetuetnt on Evry hand, Ralrode in Every place, prafanetz till i thought that god Will Com out of is hiding plase and Chasen this nation[.]  i feel More thankful that your lot is Cast with the sants in the valays of the Mountins f[ar] away from the seens[.]  i  Now bha to give My love to all my frends[.]  tell Bro Winseround to Excuse me for not Rithing to him, tim very preshes[.]  at present We have Not got time to Eate lastey[.]  We have got to viset the sants Before We start Which is our Dutey[.]  so No More at present from you husband and father[.]  Issac J Wardle to My famley Wright at Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment